They call it the "Quarter-life Crisis." It is
when you stop going along with the crowd and
start realizing that there are many things about
yourself that you didn't know and may not like.
You start feeling insecure and wonder where you
will be in a year or two, but then get scared
because you barely know where you are now.
You start realizing that people are selfish and
that, maybe, those friends that you thought you
were so close to aren't exactly the greatest
people you have ever met, and the people you
have lost touch with are some of the most
important ones. What you don't recognize is that
they are realizing that too, and aren't really
cold, catty, mean or insincere, but that they
are as confused as you.
You look at your job... and it is not even close
to what you thought you would be doing, or maybe
you are looking for a job and realizing that you
are going to have to start at the bottom and
that scares you.
Your opinions have gotten stronger. You see what
others are doing and find yourself judging more
than usual because suddenly you realize that you
have certain boundaries in your life and are
constantly adding things to your list of what is
acceptable and what isn't. One minute, you are
insecure and then the next, secure. You laugh
and cry with the greatest force of your life.
You feel alone and scared and confused.
Suddenly, change is the enemy and you try and
cling on to the past with dear life, but soon
realize that the past is drifting further and
further away, and there is nothing to do but
stay where you are or move forward.
You get your heart broken and wonder how someone
you loved could do such damage to you. Or you
lie in bed and wonder why you can't meet anyone
decent enough that you want to get to know
better. Or maybe you love someone but love
someone else too and cannot figure out why you
are doing this because you know that you aren't
a bad person.
One night stands and random hook ups start to
Getting wasted and acting like an idiot starts
to look pathetic.
You go through the same emotions and questions
over and over, and talk with your friends about
the same topics because you cannot seem to make
a decision. You worry about loans, money, the
future and making a life for yourself... and
while winning the race would be great, right now
you'd just like to be a contender!
What you may not realize is that everyone
reading this relates to it. We are in our best
of times and our worst of times, trying as hard
as we can to figure this whole thing out.
Jun 30, 2007
They call it the "Quarter-life Crisis." It is
Jun 29, 2007
Sis, I swear, thanks sa post. :) AT dahil jan, nag double post ako for today. I'm so an ex-spice girl, nyahahaha. They gained popularity way back when i was in highschool and since then, baduy man.. pero sige aaaminin ko na - I'm so into them! And now that they're reunited makes all these more exciting! Here's what I've found - syempre mega explore ako nung nalaman ko! :)
Reunion <<-click here for more
Since the group's break-up, rumours have persisted of a reunion. UK National tabloid The Mirror's 3am girls even dedicated front page space and half of their double page, daily entertainment news to what was supposedly their scoop, that the girls were back, reforming for Live 8. Live 8 organiser Bob Geldof confirmed at a press conference on 31 May 2005 that he had been in contact with all of them and was serious about wanting them to reform but it was all 5 of them or nothing. Melanie Brown's commitments in Los Angeles prevented this from happening.
On June 28, 2007 after months of speculation, the Spice Girls announced a twenty-five date world wide tour entitled "The Return of the Spice Girls" kicking off in Los Angeles on December 7, 2007 however, only twelve dates out of twenty-five, have been announced.
A Greatest Hits album will also be released in November along with a Documentry in which Halliwell says "It's going to be the most honest story that you've ever heard...You get to see the dark side of the Spice Girls, the gritty side, the tears.".
I love Posh Spice, yes yes yes!
Thank you Lord for the many ways you use other people to counsel me and help me grow.. And yet that Christ himself is the answer to myhang-ups, the one source who can meet my deepest needs. How I rejoice that He is wonderful in counsel and mighty in power, and that he heals from the inside out.
Thank you Lord for the trials that you allow to happen in my life which serves as a platform on which you reveal Yourself, show your love and power, both to me and to Others looking on. Thank you that I can move into the future nondefensively, with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead, for you to hold the future and You will always be with me, even to my old age... And through all eternity
Jun 27, 2007
Just arrived from work.
And I had the usual. The usual work, updates, emails, calls, meetings. I'm paid "ehem" considerable amount of money for doing only these; hehehe. I mean, nothing so extensive about my job, peer pressure lang siguro. :)
My entry is catching up...
- + As everyone knows I consider my website dead and so I have to look for an alternative website to host all my pictures. My picture gallery I remember was more than 7MB in total. Yahoo! Photos will be closing in September so I have to decide soon. I can't simply store them in my PC because we had multiple issues of HD literally crashing at us - so no no. I've been googling it and I have not really found any good site at all. I like google's PICASA especially in Simpleviewer Template, there's PhotoBlog which looks like Flickr in one angle but their totally different. So I decided to transfer my pics to Flickr- not to mention I'm an AT&T Yahoo! Tech Support. :) My Flickr photo gallery is now accessible - http://flickr.com/photos/mayang.
- + This I can't really solve. For days, I have been editing my simple blog template but I can't seem to make it work with IE. It's working fine with Mozilla though. So whoever has a solution, please let me know? - thanks!
- + Blogging. Yes, I'm catching up in terms of updating my blog. I have not posted everything yet, especially my Cebu class, my air trip experience.
Jun 24, 2007
these days weren't so easy. I've had serious thinking of why things are happening, mu future, my stand, my goals and view of life, my priorities and ambitions, and where do I go from here. Seriously true, life is never easy. Sometimes there are a lot of complications happening that you didn't know existed. One thing is for sure, I know what I'm doing, I know what I want and I know what I have to do. :)
here is a list of things i miss, food i miss and everything, everyone that i miss
- my honey
- gimiks with remyxx
- kakwentuhan si rina in person
- makita ang remyxx araw araw
- Dy and her stories :)
- going out with marvin
- eating out with marvin
- watching movies with marvin
- shopping :(, with my debts and all - haay
- shopping with marvin
- marvin buying things for me - haha
- strolling sa mall with marvin
- spending quality time with him
Jun 23, 2007
Do you ever wonder how Veronica Mars is like The Poseidon Adventure? I mean, Keith would be Ernest Borgnine and Veronica would be Shelly Winters. Of course, that would make Lamb Leslie Nielsen, and that's just wrong. Anyway, in this episode, the sinking 'ship is Veronica and Logan, as she confronts him about his one-night stand with Madison and then breaks up with him. Bonnie, who was pregnant, goes to Veronica to find out who slipped her a morning-after pill and made her miscarry. Veronica has two ideal suspects (Tim and Dick), but neither is guilty — instead, it's Bonnie's roommate, Phyllis. In the end, Veronica refuses to crush Madison's car into a tiny cube, learning a valuable lesson from Reverend
wonder what my title is doing with my entry - haha. figure it out.
sabi nga ng ms communicator ko - truth hurts
Jun 22, 2007
La lang, I just thought bakit maraming complications sa mundo.
Ikaw, ano ba status ng past mo? ng present love and life mo?
I'm not in the mood to blog. Had a fight with him.
Side note: Funny talaga how friendster works and google. Dalawang tao na nareresearch ko over the internet. Pwede na kong PI,, la pang legwork yan sabi nga ni Jessa. :p
Jun 21, 2007
"Mae, do you have a passport?"
I said "none" she replied back "you should get one na"
then I said with a smile "Am I going anywhere?"
It was no secret. A good friend of mine, Marc is going to Australia for a Business related trip. Ipapadala ng company namen and all. Sayang, hehe - I don't have a passport yet - makakuha na nga, para gora na ng gora - abah, minsan lang ang mga pagkakataong ganyan. Naalala ko tuloy yung sis kong nasa Missouri, sabi nga niya she wants to stay there for good na. hahahaha, nawili!! But no hard feelings, :) I'll savor the domestic-all-expense-paid flights muna. Kung hindi talaga ako pang international, kahit domestic flights lang - ok paren; basta may side liesure. :)
Magkano na nga ba kumuha ng passport ngayon at gaano katagal? Lam ko si kuyakot may passport na eh, how much kaya yun inabot? Sana pwede non-appearance, tinatamad ako eh. Masyado na kong late bloomer ah, Late nagkabulutong, late bumati sa mga organizational announcements at birthdays sa opisina, late sa mga meetings? hehe, late pag kuha ng passport, late sa experience sa pagsakay sa eroplano! Yep, my Cebu trip was my first flight encounter - and I must say I love flying!!
June, happy birthday seyo. I actually remembered but I forgot to text - talaga naman. Sorry po. Iba na busy - busy busyhan. After this send kita mail sa friendster. I wish you more birthdays pa and success in your career. :) I dedicate half of this blog entry to you and your birthday. Your success in career, life and love, your happiness and health. Wish you more and more blessings friend.
Here, something to read - ABOUT PHILIPPINE PASSPORT
Jun 20, 2007
For now, I'm happy because our DSL is up and running (it's been two months now :) and counting) and I was able to revive my blog! whew Sensya na, hindi ako masyado naghanap ng fancy template, I just like it as simple as possible eh. Hehe, yung sis kong nasa Missouri, medyo na ho-homesick na kaya ayan, I put up my blog ulet para maaliw naman nya sarili nya - nyhahahaha. Yes, my website was suspended and I decided not to continue anymore. Kung ano reason - cge pa, magbasa ka lang.
Let me join you as we glide to the past monthssssss of my life:
- I started my paid and very own website last July 2006. I have my own personal site, remyxx site, picture gallery, my e-commerce site (estore) with blog and my personal wordpress blog. After several months, I had trouble paying - debts piled and I decided not to continue anymore. Got busy so I never had the time to revive anything.
- I celebrated my Christmas at the office. :( It's because I have work and funny because I'm not an agent and Holidays aren't supposed to be part of our workdays. Too bad I don't have any options, professionally speaking, I have to attend to my class.
- Screw my 13th month pay last year - I felt really bad.
- I think Marvin and I celebrated Valentines at Maxx's
- I got Chickenpox :(, yes oh yes. I'm 23 na and I just had it. Exactly April 7 until April 30 - hindi ako pumasok which means I was not paid. Come to think of it, ala pang SL. Sick Leave credits are being reset every start of the year. So when I got sick, I only have about 3 days of SL - eh 30 days ako pinapagleave ng doctor ko.
- My Birthday - I was surprised by Marvin who came all the way from Batangas to celebrate with me. We dined at MOA - Stars and Stripes if I'm not mistaken
- Finally, I was offered a Cebu Secondment job. Off to Cebu to train New Hires.
- As I was in Cebu, our DSL was installed - wohoooo!
How I miss to blog, syet! :)
Jun 19, 2007
I have been contemplating if I need to continue my paid website but really - as of the moment, I can't seem to continue it yet. And so even if I'm not totally into free websites, here I am blogging away freely. This is because of so many things that happened to me - harhar.
One of which is our DSL; now up and running and second - I just got back from a one month CEBU Trip. Pictures, pictures and more.
Sad lang because I have to use a free online photo storage, once all uploaded, ill let you know. :)
I'll update again, soon - promise!