hope you enjoy reading! - mae :)
RSS

Pages

Jun 18, 2011

Stomach Flu

Perhaps you've experienced diarrhea once in your life? Or maybe you've vomited here and there (specially after a drinking session?) But have you had this two together in a single night? I did, and it was terrible, I tell you. Specially when you're pregnant!

So it was my typical Saturday. I came home, had breakfast, rest a little then slept. I was awakened by mild stomach cramps telling me that I need to use the bathroom, which I did. I realized I'm having diarrhea when I've been in and out of the bathroom more than 3 times in 4 hours. Usually, preggies are constipated and I'm no different. So I like this change, maybe it won't last soon. I was thinking maybe I just need to dispose all those that I've eaten.

Lo and behold, my diarrhea never left. I vomited right after dinner, had fruit and vomited again. It was crazy as I've never been sick like this.. ever! I can't keep anything down.

I resolved to run to the ER, as advised by my OB, if I won't be better. And thank goodness I was a bit better the next morning (because I didn't take anything anymore, except water!) Then I slowly took food that were easy to digest.

.....

I got the 'stomach flu' diagnosis from my book but I didn't exactly know what happened to me that night. I did not see a doctor at all. But the web says stomach flu is caused by germs or bacteria. I'm scared. I will make sure to talk to my OB about it.

0 comment(s):